Thursday, August 22, 2013

I'm a Movie Junkie

Hello Again,

Been a little while, I know. A whole week in fact. Maybe a little more than a week. *shrugs* I don't know. That would be expecting me to do math and I refuse to attempt that on principle. 

All right, so here's what you missed since I last posted. Sunday, August 18th, I went to the Michigan Renaissance Festival in Holly, Michigan. Now for those who haven't been there before, this is probably the BIGGEST Renaissance Faire in the state. The vendors are all set up in these permanent structures situated like a little village. Ideal for shopping. To give you an idea of what it looks like .... 

Map of the Michigan Renaissance Festival. 


So you can see that this was a large circuit to go through. And it was very difficult to see everything. I only hope that I can go one more time before the season ends. 
In case you were also wondering, I'm a HUGE Renaissance Faire fan. 

Here's ME all decked out in my garb and with my dragon, Fae
September 28th is the Chocolate Festival. I ... kinda want to go. Just saying.

The next thing you missed while I was away. Monday, August 19th. My 27th birthday. I had to work, but it turned out to be just fine. And when I went home, I had a little cake waiting for me and we went to Olga's for dinner with my auntie. I also got this nifty mug from my sister that made me laugh really hard. 

Wednesday, August 21st! THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS MOVIE WAS RELEASED IN THEATRES!!!!!!
Everyone who knows me knows that I have developed an obsession for this series. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare started it all. Her prequels starting with Clockwork Angel only exacerbated the obsession further. Now that the movie is out, I'm even more psyched. I went to the first showing in IMAX at the theatre and ... It. Was. Worth. Every. Penny. 



The Mortal Instruments series follows the story of Clary Fray, a seemingly average girl who lives with her mother in Brooklyn, New York. In one night, her world is thrown out of orbit when she sees another teenage boy kill another person in a club. And it seems that she was the only one who saw it. From there, Clary's mother mysteriously vanishes and her home devastated, leaving Clary to lean on the one person who seems to be able to help her and explain just who she really is. The boy in the club. Jace Wayland is a Shadowhunter. Nephilim. Half angel and half human who fight the forces of evil to keep the world in balance and the humans "mundanes" safe. 

I could go on forever. 

Which I won't. 

I promise. 

ANYWAY, things are going very well this week. I learned how to do some other tasks at work so I feel like I'm finally taking on more responsibility. It's something I always wanted. If I can work hard, I can move UP in the company little by little. That would get me one step closer to my dream job of Acquisitions Editor. 

I think that's all for now. I'll try and post again soon. 
Au Revoir,

Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment