Thursday, August 1, 2013

Another Day! Another Cup of Tea!

It's THURSDAY!!!!!! Yeah! Thursday!

All right, so there's absolutely nothing special necessarily about a Thursday. Except for the fact that it's the day before Friday. Who cares? 

Well ... me ... I guess. 

As this is my first blog, I am looking for a good day to make a regular post. One everyone can truly depend on. So for now, this might be a little haphazard. 

So here is a little more information about myself, your humble host. 
I'm Taryn. I'm 26 years old and I'm a college graduate from Cornerstone University with a Bachelors in English. Like a lot of college grads, I had that naive mentality that after graduation, life would come up roses. I'd immediately find a job in my career field, pay off all those pesky student loans, and move to a big city high rise in New York City. 

Reality is a harsh mistress, let me tell you. So in this blog, you're going to get my realism. My practicality that I've gained from my experience. 

Anyway, my dream is to be an Acquisitions Editor for Simon and Schuster in their NYC offices. If there was a ever a job where a reader could be PAID to read, that would be it. I also want to be a novelist and I have no problem with living in that fantasy that it will happen. Confidence is key. And 12 rejection letters later, I'm still writing. How many rejections did J.K. Rowling get for Harry Potter? Way more than 12, I can tell you that much. 

Something else about me ... I love tea. I love Black, Green, White, Pu-Erh, Rooibos, Herbal, and Fruit teas. I love tea lattes with extra milk or just steeped to perfection by themselves. And I love this tea shop that's in my town. ChocolaTea. 
Seriously. You should check them out if you're ever in Portage, Michigan. 

Chocola-Tea's seating area
 
This place has been my home away from home and the Queen of Tea, the owner herself, Polly Kragt has poured her heart and soul into this shop. http://www.chocola-tea.com/
So yes, I will be sharing my tealattes of the day, some tidbits of information about tea leaf reading (my instructor at a class said I had the 'gift' and I've had fun exploring the shapes at the bottom of a tea cup), and lastly, my own growing passion for tea. 

A bit more about myself, then! My books! I've read a lot and can't stop. I won't stop reading until I'm dead. I'm sure of that. I will talk about my favorite writers, my favorite books, and I will be throwing recommendations shamelessly around so people will take a chance and pick up even the controversial titles. 
When I first started really getting into reading, I remember bringing the books home with me from school and reading them in a single sitting and then wondering ... 'is there any more?' I was 6. I am still like that even with the 500 plus pages available in some titles. *cough* Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire *cough* 

That's me! You'll hear more about me, but what I really want to do is get into this blog writing thing. So I'll give you something really good in my next post. I swear! Pinky Promise. Handshake. Fist bump. Whatever you want. 

Take care everyone!
-Taryn 

No comments:

Post a Comment