Monday, June 13, 2016

Fantastic Sunday (June 12th)

I work at the happiest place on earth.

No, it's not Disney World. It's Barnes and Noble. 

Yesterday, we had the last day of our B-Fest, the National Teen Book Festival. There were games and prizes and lots of activities. I participated in some of the games, because my inner child was screaming at me to take part in the Spelling Bee. 
But yesterday was the day of our Author Panel. We had four authors set next to each other with a small stack of their books in front of them.
All of them were local authors. One was published in the Major Market with HarperTeen. She was Lindsey Klingele with her book The Marked Girl.
Then we had A.C Troyer with her book Terrapin. Wil Radcliffe brought his series The Whisper King and last but not least, Lindsay Mead and her book The Beast


Now ... as I am sure that you are aware, I get very starstruck around authors. All authors. If you've written a book, I am your biggest fan. (But not like Kathy Bates in Misery, I promise) 
Naturally, when my bosses told me that I was going to be the one leading the discussion panel, I was squeaking (in a good way) about it. I was absolutely psyched to be a part of the Writer's portion of it, but this just vastly made it better. I stood next to the table and began reading off as many questions as I could come up with on the spot. It was so much fun and very informative. I got a lot of compliments on my leading of it too. So I hope that that made me look good to my bosses.

I even got two of the books signed for myself. 

Yes, mother, I know I have a problem. 

But sadly, I don't have any desire to correct said problem. Oh well. Maybe that means I am growing in my own independence. It's about time. I am almost 30. 

Well, I am going to leave this here for now. I know ... this was short. I promise you'll get a longer blog post later. I PROMISE!! 

Be Open, Be Loving, Be Yourself,
Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment