Wednesday, June 15, 2016

An Hourly Reminder

Me, Porcina, and Lamplighter by D.M. Cornish

Hello Everyone,

I promised you a slightly longer post, so here it is... 
Prepare to be amazed! 

This week has been chock full of activity all things considered. I have gotten to work at all three jobs already and it has been keeping me busy. 

Granted, if it was really up to me, I'd be tucked under the covers all day reading a book. Kinda like this .... ------>


And what's wrong with that? You know .. besides the whole lack of productivity thing. UNFORTUNATELY, that's not really a possibility. For two reasons; 1.) Because it's not the responsible thing to do and 2.) I have a FitBit Alta.

It's kinda nice having this new little gadget on me all the time. I like that when I am seated for a while, it vibrates and sends out this little encouraging message to get up and move around. When I am editing at the library, I can only have an hour on the computer before it automatically shuts down to let other patrons have a turn. So around that same time, I am getting a reminder from my FitBit to get up and move. It is also an awesome way to get away from the computer screen for a while, so I don't drive myself crazy simply staring at a blinking cursor all day. 
I think that's actually why I haven't replaced my laptop yet. It's better to go to the library. Forces myself to work, get up and move around, and then work a little more. 

Trust me, this routine is amazing when you are editing and you suddenly wish that you could throw stuff across the room. Then the timer starts to blink that you only have a minute left and you take a deep breath, save, shut everything down and are able to get up and run away from the manuscript for a while. 
Sometimes, I get that way because I'll be correcting one sentence over and over again, unsure over what I originally wanted it to say. 

Perhaps, it's only me. I should really meet more editors and find out what their processes look like. 

I know what other writers do, but not editors. 

Any editors out there who read my blog? Got any helpful advice or hints to make yourself stop the overthinking? (<----Is that a word?) 

Anyways, I should tell you right now that I finished up School For Good And Evil: A World Without Princes and wow, it was good. I love this series because it teaches young readers that friendship is two-way street. You and your friends have to be up front and HONEST with each other. 

So no I really can't wait until book three comes out in paperback, because I really need to know what happens to Sophie and Agatha. 

Meanwhile, I have returned to my own publishing company's stomping grounds, so to speak. I am reading one of our best author's books, 'Dreamtime: A True Story That Hasn't Happened Yet' by Alan J. Martin. 
I will give you an update as soon as I get past chapter three. 

I have to go now. But see? I fulfilled my promise and gave you a longer post. I wish you all well. 

Be Open, Be Loving, Be Yourself
Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment